A team needed help with their monthly reporting. Generating monthly reports consumed bandwidth and limited team productivity. We fixed it.
In the era of Big Data, most organizations are overwhelmed by the unprecedented amount of information coming at them in terabytes and petabytes. The problem isn’t capturing data, it’s unlocking its value by gleaning what is relevant and impactful to inform wise business decisions. When any part of that process is manual, it consumes more time and resources and it poses a greater risk of making costly mistakes. By automating data collection and visualization, you can achieve an efficient collaboration between the mechanics of the tools and human judgment in analyzing the data.
Here’s how a client at a large technology company found a better way to manage data, freeing up time to focus on data analysis and deliver key insights to their team.
- Critical performance data needed to as part of an important monthly business review cadence
- Poor data processes, structure and normalization hindered ability to refresh
- Lack of data automation forced recreation and recalculation of metrics each month
- Team productivity diminished as headcount reallocated to fix data monthly
- Poor reporting structure and visualizations made gaining insight difficult
- Insufficient expertise and resources on made completing the task challenging
- Strong management pressure to solve quickly
- Re-engineered data collection and processing engine process standardize and automate data feeds and calculations
- Ran joint planning workshops with stakeholders to triage reporting requirements
- Redefined team performance management structure and KPIs to ensure continuous visibility
- Created Power BI reporting and visualizations to improve stakeholder communications
- Automated data collection, normalization, and reporting enabling better monthly business reviews
- Improved reporting structure and visualization creating clearer communication of business status
- Simplified processes for continuously refreshing information throughout the month
- Improved strategic focus by shifting team energies from data collection to data analysis
- Greater management line of sight to team performance, continuously updated
- Improved team bandwidth by reducing workload of team by an average of 30 hours each month