Breaking through siloed groups and agendas, one team garnered broad executive buy-in through a careful, collaborative process and disciplined communication.
A consistent communications strategy and framework is a necessity to capture the attention of customers and partners. When you can tell a compelling story that’s relatable, focused and intelligent, you build confidence and trust while inspiring people to action.
Here’s how one client took control of their messaging by adopting a single, unified narrative across all product teams while preserving the ability to articulate the value of each product within their broad portfolio.
- Siloed teams and fragmented external messaging created customer and partner confusion for Cisco’s Security Group
- Current messaging outdated and failed to reflect new portfolio after several M&A acquisitions
- No process existed to drive alignment between executives, teams and programs
- Strong time pressure existed to develop new alignment for Impact event
- Unified messaging and clearly articulate value within the portfolio
- Ran executive-level governance process to agree on key issues, challenges, and success criteria
- Followed a rigorous project management discipline to drive outcomes with minimal dedicated client bandwidth
- Developed deliverables and content allowing team to land an execute across the organization and field
- Executive buy-in and alignment across the organization with common benchmarks of success
- Adopted a single, unified narrative across each product team within the Security Group
- Met aggressive deadlines enabling delivery for important events
- Positive executives experience and process viewed as a big win for the team