A tailored program to grow sales pipeline by unifying engagement between business groups
Our client’s team at Microsoft was facing a significant pipeline gap and trying to support field sellers who were receiving incomplete resources and confusing communication from multiple business groups. To simplify the approach and make progress toward achieving their goals, they would need to solve for three ongoing complications:
- Field and partner teams who were knowledgeable on sales playbooks but lacked clarity of ownership around key roles and account coverage.
- Significant communication gaps between teams resulting in duplication of activities and missed customer opportunities
- Proven solutions lacking processes and insights needed for consistent execution.
To address these complications, The Spur Group developed a tailored program called Accelerate, Collaborate, Execute (ACE) that would help drive communication and unify engagement between field and partner teams by:
- Aligning business operations with executive goals
- Developing consistent project management
- Improving sales execution efficiency
This pilot was created and executed over a period of seven months, scaling over time to drive additional key motions across field segments.
The ACE program provided a consistent and programmatic approach to driving alignment and total revenue capture. Key steps that were taken included:
- Collaboration with stakeholders: Key members across business groups were consulted to identify pain points and determine program goals and dependencies
- Rigorous execution: Based on stakeholder feedback, detailed engagement maps and project plans were developed to provide clarity
- Improved communication: To address the disconnect between business groups, clear ownership of team roles, responsibilities, and performance expectations were established
This resulted in an enhanced revenue stream and expanded sales pipeline.
“The Spur Group helped us foster, develop, and deliver an essential sales pipeline program and process that substantially and positively impacted our overall partner alignment, customer engagement and revenue growth. They partnered with us on this very important and key initiative to help us deliver significant results in an imperative area of the business.”
Adam C. Rodell
Microsoft | Azure Data Services | National Director, U.S. Enterprise Commercial, Data & Artificial Intelligence
The ACE pilot program increased client sales revenue through the execution of a scalable go-to-market approach, utilizing rigorous program management to align field and partner sales teams, bridge communication gaps, and grow sales pipeline. Results included:
|opportunities identified through high propensity analysis||key motions driven
across three business segments
involved / collaborated
|sales pipeline impact|